Tuesday, February 18, 2014

So for as long as I can remember, I've wanted to hunt in Africa.  I cut my teeth reading Peter Capstick books in grade school (much to the unease of some of my more Disney-loving teachers), and as I got older, the desire only intensified.  I'm fortunate now that my job gives me a month-long sabbatical every five years, and I've committed to using that first month off to finally realize my dream.

This blog is a kind of notebook for me, a way to keep track of all the little things required to follow in the footsteps of giants like Capstick, Ruark, Hunter, Bell, Johnson, Roosevelt, Selous and Pretorius.  I'll have technical details (rifles, optics, ammo, equipment, etc) as well as 'soft' content (photos, ideas, literature, etc).  This is new for me, but hopefully I can convey some of my enthusiasm and excitement as the time ticks down to my first safari.

No comments:

Post a Comment